Friday, May 30, 2014

I'm hoping to take more shots of Emmanuel III this afternoon/evening, but here are some of my general observations:


  • He. Is. Huge. We're talking enormous. And I've had SD dolls forever, and even a few 70cm dolls. But he is somehow even larger in person than I expected.  His box is so big and my room is so tiny that I'm going to have to find another place to store it lol. But I do love his size. The best part though is that despite his size, he's super bendable.  I can easily fit him into my bag, whereas Emmanuel II couldn't bend enough to do it completely or without skewing some joints.  But III can just pop a little and he's in.
  • His head is so very tiny! For such a large doll, he has such a little head!  Which actually works to my advantage since I have a few wigs that fit him (he shares with my MSD boys).  He is also currently stealing Song's eyes, until I can get him some of his own. 12mm eyes for such a large doll just seems funny to me.
  • He is a really natural poser, especially for sitting/slouching/relaxing.  He definitely needs to be sueded, but even without it he can do some really awesome natural poses.  He slouches like like a pro! And he's the only one of my larger resin dolls that can sit cross legged.  
  • His resin is totally different than any other I've ever worked with before. It's a little rougher, almost enough that I worry a bit about scratching him when I move his joints. But it has a nice weight to it overall. (He's also not nearly as heavy as I'd fear, granted I'm used to big Volks boys and the old Delf body.)
  • I have a serious lack of larger SD clothes, which makes sense since it's been years since I've had anyone close to 70cm. However, there are some things that fit Luna's DDdy body that will work for him.  On one hand this is unfortunate because it means he doesn't have much to wear. On the other hand it's kind of adorable because he constantly looks like he's just woken up from a long weekend with a lover, and has thrown on their slightly too small clothes to get out of bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment