Monday, May 5, 2014

BJD Addicts Written Prompt #17: Unfortunate Buys


Prompt: Have you ever ordered something and it either didn't fit or wasn't what you expected?

Thankfully only twice.  In general I have enough doll sizes that if something doesn't fit one doll, it will most likely fit one of the others.  However way back when I was first in the hobby, I ordered some boots in a Dollmore group order that were a disaster.  They didn't fit the doll they were intended for, and they were really poorly made.  One set broke almost immediately (zipper tore out of the shoe), and the other one I ended up sending out as a free-bee with a doll.

The other time was when I purchased one of Wicked Stitchery's grab bags of clothes for MSD. Everything was really well made, but most of it didn't fit my Volks MSD, it was more Minifee sized.  No harm in this situation though, as I ended up trading the smaller pieces for other clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment