Saturday, May 24, 2014

Grail Doll: Paid For!

This has been a crazy day in my personal life for a lot of reasons, and the fact that I was able to pay for my grail doll during it all has only pushed me further into the "am I dreaming?" territory.  But no, I am not, it really happened.

I am getting Emmanuel's oldest (age-wise) version, in the shell of a Dollshe Bernard.

As I've mentioned in previous posts about grails, Bernard is a boy I've always wanted since I started the hobby.  But Dollshe boys are large, of a different aesthetic, and expensive.  Not to mention Dollshe has discontinued some, which means their availability and price can seriously fluctuate.  I had somewhat resigned myself to not getting one for those factors, unless I found one that was well priced/I had the money/all my bills were paid.  So a perfect storm was needed to make it happen.  Never going to happen right? Well...better get your umbrella!

Like magic I had some extra money from a check I thought was never going to come in, therefore I didn't factor it into paying my bills.  I had already set aside this month/next month's money when it arrived.  So I browsed the MP a bit, thinking of getting another MSD doll or head for Emmanuel.  And somehow I ended up in the large doll section browsing around.  The same woman I bought Emmanuel's Volks body from had two Dollshe boys up for sale, one of which is a Bernard.  He's perfect, literally been in his box since she received him.  No face up, no nothing. He's blank and wonderful.  I dropped her a message and we chatted a bit, and she accepted my offer.  Not sure when he will be shipping, though I suppose it's possible he could ship tomorrow.  More likely some time next week though, and he should be here soon after.

I've got literally nothing for him, so I might have to get a bit creative.  I'm not sure if any eyes or wigs I have will fit him as he's so different than my other dolls.  Not to mention clothing that gigantic body of his. They're slim dolls, but so very tall (70cm I believe).  So he might be a little strangely naked for a while, but those bodies are so beautiful I don't think it will be a bad thing.

I can't even put into words how excited I am, I just can't wait for him to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment