Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Busy, busy, busy!

I'm sorry for the lax updates, things have been so crazy for me lately.  Between work stuff and personal stuff, I haven't found enough time to do all the things I want. Especially take some good shots of my new guy!  But in some ways that's good because he seriously need a lot of work.

I've got some wigs coming in probably on Friday for him, from FunnyLori's Etsy shop.  Those I'm excited about because they're made to fit Songs specifically.  You can sort of maneuver wigs over those big ears of his, but it isn't the best.  I also ordered some eyes and new elastic for him from JunkySpot which might be here for this weekend.  I have no eyes that fit him correctly as his eye wells are really, really tiny.  I can get 14mm eyes in, but they don't look quite right. So I ordered some 12mm ones, which was suggested by others on the BBB/RS discussion thread on DoA.  He also really needs to be restrung and sueded which will help his posing immensely.  And maybe a little modding to his hips, but I don't want to get too crazy right off the bat.

So the "to do" list goes something like this:


  • Finish removing the original face up. (I got most of it off last night, but just couldn't scrub any more. I'm going to soak it again today and go at it. I think there might be a little staining unfortunately, but we'll see what we can do.)
  • Suede the heck out of him!
  • Restring him once the new elastic comes in.
  • Try on wigs and his eyes and see what combos we like.
  • Do some character work. Who is he? What's his name (not sure if Ace will stick)? 
  • Faceup!
And in the future:
  • Do a little sewing and/or see which doll shops are open and have clothes that fit him.
  • Get him/custom order him a flower crown from the awesome beansproutmomo.
  • Start looking into jointed hands (I think it will be Dikadoll female msd hands).

No comments:

Post a Comment