Friday, May 9, 2014

BJD Addicts Written Prompt #21: Skin Tone


Prompt: DO you own dolls with different skin tones (white, tan, etc...)?

I own dolls in NS and WS thus far, and I would love to own a tan doll.  In particular I like Resinsoul's dark tan and light tan (coffee), and I think when I eventually get Daemon he will be in their light tan.

As for color preference, I like to stay within the human skin color spectrum.  I have seen some fantastic dolls in different colors, but I'm not sure if they would be for me.  There's a great green RS Song on DoA for example, but I always feel like I'd be unsure of what to do with a doll of another color.  Would I find them clashing with things?  Would it be too unrealistic for me?

My first doll was WS (RS Ju), and even that was a little odd for me.  I think a large part of that had to do with my inexperience.  I didn't know how to photograph her or really how I wanted her to look or dress, and I was not a fan of the stock RS/BBB face up. And unfortunately because I was too new to really do any mods or painting, I ended up selling her fairly quickly.  After that I stuck with NS until I got Nowell (Volks WS F-17) in a trade.  He was particularly yellowed, but I definitely warmed up to WS when I knew I could paint it and do what I wanted with it.  The incoming doll I have is WS as well, and I'm excited to see what I can do with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment