Monday, May 5, 2014

Dolly Plans

When I started this hobby, the first doll I ever purchased was a Resinsoul Ju.  I eventually sold her, along with my other RS dolls, because I just couldn't get them to look like I wanted.  As the years have gone on though, I've been dying to have some RS dolls again.  I now have the experience and confidence in modding and face ups that I didn't have back then, which was a large part of the problem.

Photo courtesy of the seller.
Quick face up mock up.
Of the RS/BBB sculpts, I have always liked Song, Gang, and Apollo.  I've owned the latter two, but not the former.  Eventually I'd like to get an Apollo to remake one of my first and most beloved dolls (Daemon for any of you who have stuck around since the BJDBaby days).  However I'm going to start with a slightly smaller project, a RS Song.

I stumbled upon a white skin RS Song in the DoA marketplace, and I fell in love.  I had initially planned to order one through Denverdoll, but this one was both already made (casting/delivery can take quite some time) and less expensive.  Plus I could get a longer layaway with an individual than with DDE.  So I put a down payment on him, and within a month or so he will be home.

I've already started doing some mock-ups of the doll as I will definitely be giving him a new face or at least enhancing his current face up.  He also needs new eyes (color thus far not determined), a wig, and clothes.  I've got some fashions that will fit him, but most of my MSD wardrobe is for larger dolls.

Right now I'm thinking of getting him a wig/wigs from FunnyLori, wigs and clothes from LaEsperanza Doll Shop *(they have awesome wigs and pastel goth clothes!), and a flower crown from Insideouthose (run by the lovely beansproutmomo of Tumblr).  I think I will be doing a lot of themed posts and inspiration posts for this new boy as I try to figure out who he is and what he looks like. I think I have a character down for him,but I will wait and see if it still fits when he gets here.

*Small disclaimer regarding Etsy stores and other online shops...  I often mention shops I'm looking at that I haven't bought from yet. This isn't an endorsement of the shops' service, just a not of my own interest. So please don't take this as me saying these shops are good to buy from unless I specifically review them. That being said I will definitely try to review my purchases from now on so that I can spread the good word!

No comments:

Post a Comment