Sunday, April 3, 2011

A little help from my friends.

I don't post a lot about myself here generally, unless it's directly related to dolls/toys/the topic at hand. However yesterday I was talking with someone about the reasons I like my bjds, and this came up.

I have what I'd call a chronic illness, which at times is rather debilitating. Usually when it flares up it means I'm stuck in bed (or on a couch) for a while, or unable to eat anything more than crackers and water. Or my current favorite, organic rice cereal. :) It's annoying, and at times extremely painful, but I've been dealing with it for enough years to be used to it.

Where my dolls come in is that during these times of illness, they are my steadfast companions. There have been some discussions on DoA about this topic, and it's interesting to see how so may people use these dolls to cope with all kinds of illnesses. When I'm stuck in bed, or feeling so sick I just want to cry, it does help to have a little friendly face staring back at me. It means having someone there all the time, just for me. Much as Volks likes to say, they are your perfect companion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment