Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My new...err old...revisited obsession.




Vocaloid!

I'd explored it a bit before on YouTube after stumbling upon a version of "The Disappearance of Hastune Miku." That particular video has since been taken down (unfortunately, it was rather good), but then I found the "live" concert footage of Miku and the Kagamines performing.

Only in Japan would there be an expensive auditorium packed to the very brim with people to see a...hologram? A projection? I'm not really sure what you'd call Miku and her freinds, but they're not real either way. That just makes Japan my kind of place I guess. :P

Vocaloid was initially created as a music recording program where you could input melody and lyrics and the program would sing them in the chosen voice. As time went on they decided to create characters for each voice, resulting in Miku and her friends. They are considered vocal andriods (hence the name) and are immensely famous in Japan.

My favorites are Miku and Kagamine Len (the boy of the "twins"). I decided to purchase two nice nedriod plushies of those two because they are just so cute and large, perfect for hugging! Miku should be here by next week, though my favorite Len won't be here for a bit as he's coming from China. Ah well, I'll take what I can get. Uri won't seem to let me get any more dolls, but stuffies appear to be allowed. :P

Some Vocaloid links for you: World is Mine, Disappearance of Hatsune Miku, Melt, and Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment