Friday, April 29, 2011

New project and...oh Uri! *Updated*

Well I was going to spend tonight working on a new project, but then I took Uri out and found he'd chipped his whole face up. Everywhere! Sheesh, you'd think I don't pay enough attention to this boy already. So instead I'm going to do a new face up on him, hopefully fairly close to the last one. I really liked it too. :(


What I wanted to do tonight was work on something I'm calling Project Hell in a Hand Basket. I recently saw this adorable Lolita-inspired basket at the Sanrio store. It was a plain neutral colored basket with cute pink fabric lining the inside and making storage pockets. Very cute, but also insanely expensive for a basket ($60?!). So I've decided to make one.

I want to have a different mode of transport for Uri other than my arms or my purse, as neither is really good long term. Once I saw the basket I knew it would be perfect, but just not "Uri" enough. So I found a basket at one of my jobs and am reclaiming it as a doll carrier. It's a big (but not cumbersome) woven wood basket with two handles. Big enough to sit Uri down in comfortably, and have plenty of room for storage.

I'm going to line it in this lovely burgundy silk fabric I have, and give it all sorts of suitable details. I don't have a firm plan drawn up yet, but it's definitely going to have some black lace, and crown motifs. Kind of Princess Ai styled?

Alas that will have to wait until tomorrow as I'm off now for another coat of sealer on my obviously attention deficient boy. :P


*Edited to add...* It took me forever and I'm exhausted, but he is so beautiful. I decided to do something a little different after all, something similar to the face up he came with. I incorporated his original black eyes along with the same shading I've done for him in the past. No eyebrows as usual, though I apparently prefer Uri without them. I darkened the lip shading a bit more this time, so you can really see the design.


No comments:

Post a Comment