Thursday, April 7, 2011

Party Poison Jacket Review

Taking Pictures of oneself is not as easy as you might think. I ended up using the timer function on my camera and then running to stand against the door. In any event though, here's my review!

Materials & Construction
There were some complaints that the jackets were too expensive for the materials/work, but that's not the case. Note that I can't speak for all the jackets/vests, but given the quality of this one I'd say they're all probably equal. This isn't a mass produced tour t-shirt, it's a custom designed, carefully sewn jacket. The base is nylon (think a wind breaker, but much softer), with both fabric and pleather accents.

My favorite part of the construction is actually the inside, which I don't have a picture of yet but will add soon. Unlike most nylon jackets this one is lined, and lined in a cotton fabric rather than more nylon! I know that probably sounds silly, but that is my biggest pet peeve of jackets. The jacket itself is nice everywhere else, but the moment you slide your arms into that sleeve...cold! Not the case with this one, making it the only jacket I've found like it.

Wear & Tear
As for wear and tear, I can see this jacket holding up nicely over time. I wouldn't suggest actually fighting Dracs (the villains from the killjoy universe) in it, but otherwise you should be fine. Everything is well-secured and nicely finished.

My only warning wear-wise is to be careful of your pocket zippers. When unzipped, they do have rather jagged edges, which can catch the nylon of the coat. Just keep an eye out for that and you shouldn't have any problem with tears.

Fit & Sizing
This is definitely one of the most comfortable jackets I've ever owned. The fit is actually really nice. A more boyish cut without making one look too masculine. I would say to definitely measure yourself before ordering as size will be important for obvious reasons with this jacket. They gave the medium measurements on the site, and if you compare your own measurements to that it should give you a better idea. I generally wear a small in shirts/sweatshirts, but for this jacket I meet the medium measurements. When I first opened the package I thought it was going to be too big, but it fits perfectly.

Overall I think this jacket is amazing, and absolutely worth the price ($99.99). Collectors and concert-goers alike will find something they like about it. I personally, plan on wearing mine as much as I can. It's comfortable, well-made, and looks great, what more could I ask for?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, sorry but I wanted to check before ordering, Im a size 12. Should the medium fit me okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, off the top of my head I'm not sure since the sizing seems to vary. Take some measurements of your torso (length and width), arm length, and shoulder width and compare it to these:

    Length: 24"
    Width: 19"
    Sleeve: 26"
    Shoulder Width: 17"

    I found that I just about meet those measurements within an inch or so, and a medium was perfect for me. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :) It's a lot of money for me to part with all in one go (I'm not much of a spender at the moment) but I think it's definitely worth the money :) It's great to see this on another person as Gerard's in the video is obviously a completely unique jacket and would fit completely differently. Thank you for posting! Now I just have to wait until they get Medium back in stock :( Lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! It's an awesome jacket, so if you can get one I say go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete