Monday, December 13, 2010

30-Day Writing Meme


20.What are you favorite character interactions to write?

When Paks was his prior character that was part of Daemon's story line, I really enjoyed their banter back and forth. For example:

“You look different,” Paks finally said. His eyes scanned Daemon's appearance from top to bottom, taking in all the apparent changes his associate had gone through.

“I suppose I do, I feel different.”

“Glad to be home I wager, she's missed you quite a bit.”

“Yes,” Daemon's eyes softened a little as his mind wandered away from the conversation. “I am glad to be back here with her, it was hard to go away in the first place. But, something had to be done.”

“Things could have gone differently you know,” Paks said cautiously. He was wary to bring up the old argument, but some things needed to be said.

“Someone like you would say that, but we're two very different people.” Daemon finally looked the other man in the eyes, his gaze unwavering and stern.

“I beg to differ, we're not exactly people to begin with...

“Keep your semantics to yourself,” Daemon said sharply.

“I'm only saying...” Paks took a deep breath and ran his hands through the honey-colored locks that framed his face. “We're not really that different and you know it, but that's not what's important here. I came here to help you and I'll be darned if your stubborn and dare I say misguided sense of self-righteousness is going to stop me.”

Darned? Ooh, now that is serious.” Daemon gave a wry smile before shaking his head to loose the frustrations. “You're right...don't let that go to your head, but you are. If I learned anything from my trip it was that the path of least resistance is best in some cases. If my—our Lady wishes us to work together then who am I to argue? Mysterious ways right?”

“Yes.” Paks sighed, feeling as if he's lost the argument somehow despite Daemon's admission otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment