Sunday, December 5, 2010

30-Day Writing Meme


15. Midway question! Tell us about a writer you admire, whether professional or not!

Elizabeth Moon- Favorite. Book. Ever. The Deed of Paksenarrion is a spectacular book about a young woman who transcends her birth and rises to fight among the greatest warriors. I was introduced to Moon by a very good friend who said "You have to read this, it's you in book form!" After probably fifty reads, I can say that yes Paks (where my doll/character got his name) and I are pretty much the same person, and the book is fantastic.

Jane Lindskold- Another very talented woman who is the author of the Firekeeper series, stories of a woman and her wolf. These books are spectacular, and the writing is just fantastic. I love the intricacies of the languages and accents (which are so hard to do right), and how well the characters are filled out.

Diane Sylvan- I first came across her via The Body Sacred, a pagan-themed book about body image. Holy sarcastic humor batman! She was hilarious and poignant in that book, definitely a recommended read. I then found her blog and read several installments from her vampire world. She recently published her first vampire novel Queen of Shadows which is awesome. Dark and funny, and very emotional. I love the humor and wit found in her books, and the unabashed way she approaches even the most detestable things. Truly a great writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment