Saturday, December 4, 2010

30-Day Writing Meme


14. How do you map out locations, if needed? Do you have any to show us?

I don't actually, though I do map out time and genealogy charts. I use time lines a lot, especially when I'm having trouble with a story. Paks' story for example, has gone through probably twenty or more time lines. I prefer to do those by hand, and write everything out long form. It gives me a better grasp on the situation, and can help me sort out my thoughts in an organized manner.

I also like to do family trees for my characters, even if they don't have a lot of relatives. The only one I have a ready example of is Nowell, which I included in this post. That's the nicest most presentable version of a family tree I've done yet for any of my characters. More often than not they are just scribbles on paper, or very simple structures in word.

No comments:

Post a Comment