Monday, September 27, 2010

A Wicked good birthday.


Just a little update about some non-dolly stuff.

Since this is an art-themed blog, I thought I would make a little post here about the musical I went to see last night: Wicked. If you ever have the chance to go see it, do. It's worth every penny of the ticket prices. :)

My mom and I went as a little early birthday present for me (today's my actual birthday), because she knew I loved the music. I'd never seen Wicked in its entirety, but I had read the original book. The musical is definitely different, and to be honest I much prefer it over the book.

I saw it in Boston at the Opera House, which is beautiful in and of itself. Beautiful architecture and elaborately painted ceilings make you feel like your in a cathedral rather than a theater. With the addition of the Wicked stage and cast though, it was even more magical. I can't really express how amazing that musical is...It is by far the best I've ever seen. It's the first musical I've been to where even the ensemble got a standing ovation at the end. The moment the curtain went down people were up out of their seats and cheering. There was a similar reaction when Elphaba started the end of "Defying Gravity." Absolutely amazing. :)

I took Drusilla with me, though she spent most of the time in my purse as it was rainy and very crowded. We wandered through China Town to get to the theater district, and it reminded me how much I'd like to go there during the day to shop. I'd really like to take some pictures of my dolls with the entrance arch and some of the streets as well. I think a Boston trip is in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment