Friday, September 3, 2010

The Obitsu Problem

I love Arte's Obitsu (2-part soft body), but I hate Maggie's (21cm hard body). The latter falls apart constantly, and I had to resort to super gluing some parts so that they worked. Basically it was a nightmare. So this evening when I went to install her new eyes, I put Maggie back on her stock body.

Problems solved! It's obviously not as poseable as her Obitsu, but it lacks the annoying problems which is great. Now I won't feel so risky taking her out places again. Before I would have to constantly watch that her top didn't fall off her bottom! Well no more. :)

I also installed some new "animal eyes" i.e. safety eyes usually used for stuffed toys. They have a larger bulge than regular eyes so it prevents blinking, but Dals can't blink so it's perfect for them. Her new eyes are a very pretty golden amber color with foil backing that really makes them pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment