Saturday, September 25, 2010

DollyKarma

These dolls will never cease to surprise me. :P

I received Crow's new wig in the mail today at my mother's house, and decided to try it on Bean since she was the only MSD there (Crow stayed home). Lo and behold it fit perfectly, and looked really good. I brushed it off thinking it would look even better on Crow, but found myself looking at Bean differently.

Bean is a lovely doll, but she and I just haven't bonded like we should. She's spent a lot of time hanging out on the shelf or in dolly storage, and almost no time at play. So I took her with me to run some errands, which included getting supplies for the I Don't Do Subtle contest. As we ran the errands, I suddenly found myself looking at her differently. I saw the same character, but with a few elaborations. When I finally went to pick out the supplies, I found myself grabbing a whole different color pallet, all sorts of hot pinks and rhinestones, and some huge pink bows. I looked over at Bean and she started to smile, and I knew I'd finally found her.

She has since been renamed Drusilla or Dru, but may still go by Bean occasionally. Drusilla was my Latin name in high school and one of my all-time favorite vampires from Buffy. My Dru's character was actually supposed to be kind of crazy in the same way, and it just clicked.

So now she has stolen Crow's new wig and looks fabulous! Her features are much more Asian with the darker hair. Crow was wigless but I jokingly put Dru's old wig on him and there it was again. Dollykarma! It is the perfect combination of the feelings evoked by the other two wigs, the fragile black one and the punky brown one. It also fits perfect. :) He'll need some sort of permanent style to keep it in check and I may still change out his wig now and then, but otherwise it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment