Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stress and 30-Day Writing Meme

Stressful, stressful day. :( All sorts of craziness and doll issues..ugh! But it's the end of the day and time to relax now. I think I'm going to do some more writing about Nowell as it seems to sooth me, though writing does seem to do that. I swear he is my little stress baby, helps me ease all my worries. Well, at least most of them!

In other news, I love this website. It's a great place to go for writing and character development, of the dolly and non-dolly variety. I used it a lot when I got Nowell and it really helped me flesh things out quite a bit. They also have a section for activities about writing, and I found this 30 day project that looked interesting. So, here's day 1.

  1. Tell us about your favorite writing project/universe that you've worked with and why.

If we're talking my own original universes, I'd say it's a tie between two. Daemon's world was the first one I really explored beyond just the character's little personal bubble. It was also the first universe to teach me that it was okay to not know everything, as well as the fact that my characters need more development.

A tie with Daemon's universe is Paks' which plays well to my love of horror. I am fascinated by zombies, though not really for the gore. Being a psychology major makes me think of all the repercussions that the movies don't usually deal with, and that lead me to create his world. His is also one of the first universes in which I explored the world itself and not just the character's interactions. I have stories about the outbreak and the infection spreading that have nothing to do with Paks, they just help me set the scene.

If you want to discuss fan fictions, my two biggest loves are Sailor Moon and the Buffy/ Angel universe. Sailor Moon really started me on my path to art all those years ago, pushing me to begin drawing and writing my own characters and scenarios. Through Buffy/Angel I was able to work on perfecting a particular style of writing, in that case the specific characters and humor that characterize the Buffyverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment