Monday, November 22, 2010

30-Day Writing Meme


Day 2

2. How many characters do you have? Do you prefer males or females?

I have quite a lot of characters in many states of creation. Some are just back story for others, but at times they can grown into their own. Currently I have four main characters I'm writing about in their own stories, but that's not counting their supporting characters.

As for males versus females, I think I it definitely prefer creating male characters though it's often easier to write female characters. Out of my four main characters right now, three are male and one is female (Uri, Paks, Nowell, and Dru). I have always preferred creating male characters, even when I was a child. All my stuffed animals were always male unless they absolutely had to be female. I do generally throw in some female characters, but they often play supporting roles rather than main ones. Dru is one of the exceptions to that rule, but she is crazy so it's different than writing a normal female character. And of course Uri is relatively androgynous, so he sort of qualifies as both.

No comments:

Post a Comment