Monday, October 18, 2010

Uriel is here!

No pictures just yet because I'm exhausted, but he's here.

I was shocked when I picked the packages up from my mom because the smaller of the two was El, not Wolf. Unfortunately he was very poorly packaged...He was in a medium flat rate box with plastic bags wrapped around his parts. Even his head was wrapped in one, with no face up protector. Alas he was covered in black marks when I did finally free him, which I believe came from the dye of the plastic bags.

Finally when I tried to string him, I was disappointed to find that his elastic is funny. There were three pieces included, one of which was obviously his arm elastic. Another of the pieces matched this one in age, but wasn't long enough to do both legs. The third piece was a different thickness and tension, and just barely long enough to string a leg. So I strung his arms (loose) and each leg with its own elastic (eek tight!) and that will do until I can order more elastic.

I left my trade partner neutral feedback because of the shipping issue and the lapse in communication once I had sent my doll. Overall it wasn't a bad trade and I'm super ecstatic with my doll, but seeing the box when it arrived was really nerve wracking.

So Uriel and I are sitting and watching TV while I de-stress. I have a midterm tomorrow and another on Wednesday so I should be studying, but that can wait a few minutes.

Uriel = Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment