Monday, October 25, 2010

Such a social doll!


I have to say that Uriel is definitely my most social doll of all those that I have owned. He literally glows when he's out in public, it's crazy. And he gets the most comments (good ones too) of any doll I've taken out.

I brought him out this weekend do run a bunch of errands: work, haircut, and craft shopping. When I first got into work a woman stopped me because she thought he was an American Girl Doll, but then said *she* was so pretty and unusual. Kind of creepy but very interesting. My hairstylist thought he was extremely handsome, and loved his hair. And finally a woman at the craft store just gushed about him, how unique *she* was and how beautiful. It's funny that he's the doll with the most visible scars, and yet people are still very drawn to him as being beautiful.

As I highlighted there, two out of three people thought he was a she, which actually doesn't bother me. Angels are gender neutral, and it's only though human interpretation that they are specified as either sex. When he became a demon Uriel was given the option of choosing a gender and while he often appears as male, he certainly doesn't mind being called female either. :)

So he and I are sitting in the school library right now and he is beaming. The funniest part is that we are apparently hosting a tour group from some place in Asia today (I didn't get any specifics), and they happened to walk in right after I sat him in the chair. I wonder if anyone recognized him for what he is?

No comments:

Post a Comment