Thursday, June 12, 2014

There's a doll noob in all of us...

Regardless of the years I have own bjds, I still find myself making utterly silly mistakes from time to time.  Case in point...Emmanuel's head.  When I painted Emmanuel, I obviously took his head off.  When I put it back on I found that it really didn't have much movement.  Kind of weird to me, but I figured I'd deal with it when I eventually restrung him.

Today I took it off again to put his new eyes in, and I realized when I put it back on that the resin donut (for lack of a better phrase...Dollshe uses a U-shaped piece of resin with a hole in the middle for the elastic) wasn't sitting right.  It is supposed so sort of "click" into place, and I never saw that it hadn't.  With a little fiddling around in that tiny head of his I got it to click, and like magic he could move his head.  I guess it had been sitting sort of sideways this whole time, which inhibited his head from moving almost at all.  Definitely a moment where I laughed at myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment