Friday, June 20, 2014

Rock Bonnets!

Poor Emmanuel is pretty much my guinea pig for everything at this point, but thankfully he's pretty amenable to it. :)  My friend Sara Richard is a fantastic artist, and she often posts sketches of things she's working on. In particular she had been doing a lot of fashion designs lately, and I think these sprung out of that.  She created something she calls the "rock bonnet," which is pretty much what it sounds like.  A bonnet, but done up rock'n'roll style with spikes and chains and all sorts of goodness.  I loved the designs (1,2) and decided to try and bring one into reality.  Sewing in miniature for pattern testing always seems easier (and cheaper!) to me, so Emmanuel became my victim volunteer.





You can sort of see him trying to yank the thing off here... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment