Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Musings

He always looks like he's shocked at something I said. ;)
I wouldn't have thought a 70cm doll would be a good companion for day-to-day travel.  I've owned a few large dolls before (70cm Resinsoul, Soom Chrom with fantasy parts), and they definitely weren't transport-friendly.  I did take Chrom a few places here and there, but it was a bit of a production each time.

So when I got my Dollshe boy, it was with the knowledge that he'd probably stay home and just be out for photo shoots and the like. Even conventions were iffy given his size.   Uri and Ghost were heavy enough to carry around, and they're both around 60cm.  I figured 70cm would be waaay too much to carry.

So color me surprised when I find that Emmanuel III is not only much lighter than I expected, but considerably portable.  I think it's a mix of his somewhat loose stringing and his awesome joints, but this boy can just be tucked into a bag without any real fanfare.  Ghost would need some positioning, and joint maneuvering, not to mention he'd still pop out of the top of the bag.  But I can (gently!) throw Emmanuel III into a bag no fuss.  His legs tuck just perfectly so that he can fit completely inside the bag without any indication he's there if necessary.

Granted he does constantly make this face when I do, but that's a small price to pay I suppose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment