Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Mary Sue?

I will preface by saying that I don't think Mary Sues are necessarily a bad thing.  I think that inserting yourself into fiction can be a great way to develop a story or get inside a universe. I first started drawing because I wanted to insert myself into my favorite books/comics, and I wanted a visual representation of that (Sailor Kat make up!).  However, I have found this test to be a great way to evaluate characters, and help you develop them further.  So if you're curious about your characters, why not test them against the Mary Sue Litmus Test!  I've mentioned it here before, and I like to do it periodically as I'm writing and revising characters.  Most recently I did one for Emmanuel, and he scores a 12.  What do your characters score?

No comments:

Post a Comment