Monday, September 5, 2016

And now for something completely different...

Okay so not completely different, but it's not a doll!

I went out with my sister before leaving for the wedding to get lunch and also to visit one of my favorite places...Build a Bear Workshop. Silly maybe, but I find it to be such fun. The one I go to also has really fantastic staff who are great with kids and adults alike, and always super helpful and personable. I had planned on taking pictures of my new friend while I made him, but they were just too much fun and I completely forgot!

I was initially going to pick up their new Eevee, but I knew I wouldn't get there before it sold out (it did in roughly 6 hours!), and I saw another option that I actually really wanted to go with first. So I present to you, Spock Bear!


I don't know how I didn't come across the existence of such an adorable creature earlier, but thankfully they still had quite a few in stock. My love affair with Star Trek started when I was very young as my family watched it, and despite not understanding everything, I loved it. I didn't watch the original series until some years later, but I was well-acquainted with the original characters through books and movies. Spock in particular has always been a character close to my heart for personal reasons, and I was pretty excited at the thought of being able to bring my own Vulcan home. 

I did of course purchase his traditional science blues and a phaser (not pictured), but I also got him a few other items of clothing as well. Some of it I had to order as it wasn't in store, but this "dressed down" outfit was.



Little Vulcan tail!

I have some grand plans for Mr. Spock here, so I expect him to pop up on this blog at least from time to time. Especially with Halloween and conventions coming up. I have my own built-in cosplay buddy with him!

Funny little addendum: After I purchased him and all his goodies, my sister and I continued to shop for a bit. At one store I sat down, and a little boy came up to me and stared into the bag. He didn't say anything at first, but after the third time he all but climbed into the bag I smiled and asked him if he wanted to see my bear. He answered enthusiastically, and I pulled Spock out to show him off. He was delighted with the bear, if a bit confused by the ears. The best part though was that he loudly exclaimed, "He looks like you! You have the same hair." No better compliment than that! One final shot of us together in (unintentionally) matching shirts. Maybe there's more to this resemblance than I thought.


Live long and prosper!






No comments:

Post a Comment