Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Volks USA website to reopen May 1st!

I wrote in a prior post about all the changes going on at Volks USA.  The physical store closed, and the website went down for renewal, leaving us waiting to see what might happen.  Thus far there have been no announcements of an online FCS, though there is always the potential for some surprises when the website reopens.

They have created a one-off model lottery for the relaunch of Volks USA, as well as creating several new standard dolls.  The store itself is no longer open to the public, however they have said that local customers can still pick up orders.

The April newsletter did also say that when the website reopens, everyone will have to register for a new account as the information from the previous site did not transfer over.  I actually still have my original Volks card in my wallet, and it would be neat if they did that again.  I also hope they keep up their blogs, because those were one of the main draws to the website for me.

So we will see how things go, and what Volks does with this "new" organization.  I'd be ecstatic if they eventually did online FCS, but I'm not holding my breath. At least I can still have friends in LA go pick up my orders if I like, and the store hasn't completely disappeared.  Hopefully things will work out well all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment