Friday, April 11, 2014

Costume Testing

I'm hoping to take Fumi with me to AAC this year, and I'd like to do some actual cosplays. So,  decided to do a quick costume test on her with a few things I had in the doll bin. This particular test is for Saffron from Firefly.  Obviously it's just a test, so the shawl is...in need of imagination, and she doesn't have the right wig etc.  But it does give me a general idea, which is a good place to start!



And for reference, this is what I will be going for:


I think I'm going to tea-dye the top to the right color, and start doing some knitting this weekend. I have a blond fur wig I could also dye to the right red for her hair.  She should probably have a skirt, but I'm going to do the other parts and see how I feel about it once they are done. I might be able to get away with the shorts she's wearing now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment