Sunday, April 27, 2014

BJD Addicts Written Prompt #1: The Wait

I have been watching the BJD Addicts channel for a while, but I've never done any of the prompts.  I'm hoping to do some video ones as well, but I thought these might be easier to start with til then. :)



Prompt: What are some things you do while you wait for your doll/doll things to come in?

Generally when I'm waiting for doll things (clothes, shoes, eyes, etc) I don't do anything special.  Dolls however are another story.  If it's a new doll with a new character, I usually spend some time trying to develop them.  I have a go-to site for questions and interviews I can do to help flesh them out a bit.  I'll write down various snippets about them, anything from appearance to what their childhood was like.

I also like to put together music mixes for each doll.  I have a little tradition that I try to pick a "first" song for each doll, that I play when I open them initially.  Emmanuel's was a live version of Rhiannon for example.  Their eventual mixes usually have songs that remind me of the doll, as well as songs applicable to their story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment