Friday, April 11, 2014

Out with the old, in with the new!

I mentioned Fumiko's new body in the last post, but haven't talked about it much.  Obviously once it comes in I can take photos and such, but here's a little info about it now.

The Parabox line of bodies, including
the 60cm ball-jointed model.

It's the Obitsu 60cm ball-jointed female body in WS I believe, which is said to be a good match for Dollfie Dream NS.  I've had experience with smaller Obitsu bodies for my Pullips and Dals, but never for anything larger.  I did hold an Obitsue 60 once, way back when I first got into the hobby.  I went to my very first meet up, and a girl there had a stunning Obitsu in this fantastic dress, and I'm pretty sure I had stars in my eyes.  She let me hold her doll and even let me "squish" her tummy a bit as I'd never encountered one of the soft-bodied Obitsus.

Obitsu internal skeleton, the 60cm
ball-jointed model is on the right.


Obitsus are amazingly posable dolls, due in large part to their internal skeleton (pictured on the right) and their magnetic feet.  I think their most posable and aesthetically pleasing model is the 50cm, though I have no personal experience with it. Those I know who have them love them to death, and can't say enough good things about them (aside from the difficulty finding clothes/shoes).  I may eventually get Fumi a 50cm body too as it's far more "travel size" than the larger 60cm body.


Volks Dollfie Dream internal skeleton.
Dollfie Dreams also have an internal skeleton, but it is not as advanced as the Obitsu one.  Fumi is on the Dollfie Dream Dynamite body (the first, not the second edition), which has quite a few posing issues.  The aesthetics are great, but she doesn't sit very well, and her large hips/bust can cause some problems for natural poses.  I chose that body in particular because I loved the hips, but overall it's not great for posing.  I'd love if they would come out with a small bust option for the DDdy body so I could have those lovely hips but a smaller bust.  But the Obitsu 60 will at least give me more posing options and more clothing options.

No comments:

Post a Comment