Tuesday, June 18, 2013


A bigger picture of Uri's new teeth.  I placed them as such for two reasons:

1. I was aiming for a more bat-like look than a vampire human look.  Most vampire dolls, and also concepts of vampire teeth have the two large canines further to the corners of the mouth, as would be more natural given the configuration of human teeth.  However, Uri is not so much human as a devil.  So I took my inspiration from bats and gargoyles, the latter of which have slightly skewed anatomy anyway.

2. I didn't want to have to carve into Uri's lips to place the fangs.  Fangs wouldn't naturally just sit atop the lips without indenting them at all, especially given the position of the top lip.  Technically you could sand/cut indents into the lips and insert the fangs there, which would look more natural.  I didn't want to cut Uri's lips at all, so I placed them with his anatomy.  His upper lip is fuller and overhangs some, with natural indents on top.  These areas allowed me to place the teeth so that they would appear to be coming out from under the top lip, and sit on the bottom lip without looking too wonky.

No comments:

Post a Comment