Wednesday, June 12, 2013

30 Day BJD Challenge- Day 23

23). What is your favorite part of the hobby?

I love the creativity involved and the potential for change.  You can style a doll, then style it again, and again. Uri has had more faceups than months with me I think.  He's been tweaked in everything from eye color, face, hair color/length, fashion styles, piercings, etc.  And that in part is what keeps me coming back.  This hobby is essentially always evolving for me because he is always evolving.

I also like the sense of community that is easily found within the hobby.  Yes, a cursory examination of social networking sites would quickly point out that a lot of shit gets through around in the community.  However, there is a great deal of bonding and connecting that goes on as well.  I have made doll friends all over the world through this hobby, and had endless discussions about things that most people would just shrug at (new eye balls?!).  People are always waiting to offer help, suggestions, experiences, and so on.  Yes, there is drama, but what hobby doesn't have it?  I prefer to look on the bright side, and thoroughly enjoy what I find there.

No comments:

Post a Comment