Friday, March 18, 2011

Hey I've got my new shoes on and suddenly everything's right!

Well no new shoes yet, but Uri does have a lot of new clothes here or in transit. The one thing I've always regretted about my doll collection is that they don't have enough clothes! I know that probably sounds funny, but it is a bit part of what makes these dolls so fascinating. In particular I love the miniature modern clothes one can get for these dolls. It's all well and good to have fantasy dresses and cloaks, case in point the outfit I recently bought Uri. However, there's just something so cool (can't think of a better word) about having miniature versions of popular clothes.

I honestly think that's why I've always had a soft spot for Unoas. It appears to be a requirement for Unoa owners that they dress their resin kids in the top present-day fashion. So tiny skinny jeans, little punk rock shirts, and oh the shoes! It adds realism, and just looks so cute.

In an effort to remedy this, I purchased Uri some jeans* from Mint On Card, and some printed t-shirts from Etsy. The jeans arrived today and are very detailed. They have tiny working pockets and belt loops, and all the stitching of normal pants. They are also very, very, very dyed. So much so that even after a vinegar bath they bled all over my hands. So I'm currently typing with blue fingers. :P Right now they're going for a third wash with the rest of my own laundry, after which they will hopefully be ready to be worn.

Speaking of which his boxers and socks are also in with my laundry. You know you're doll obsessed when...

It's all worth it though, because my boy looks fantastic in the end. For an El this is a must, and Uri's no different. Eventually I'd like to get him some Luts clothes, probably some Delf jeans and that neat motorcycle vest top. The latter actually reminds me of the mental image I have for one of the characters in the Generation Dead novels I mentioned earlier. Tak, also known as "smiley" is one of my favorite zombies, and I can totally see a Shiwoo or El with this outfit playing him perfectly.

However I digress; those outfits are a bit too pricey for me to justify at the moment. Maybe some day...

*For anyone wondering, I ordered the 60cm size, and they fit Uri rather well. It's a constant battle to find appropriate pants for this boy as he's one of the old style bodies with a lot of er..."junk in the trunk" if you will. However this size does fit nicely, though the legs are slightly shorter than I'd like. Overall a very good buy for only $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment