Wednesday, March 9, 2011

All work and no play.

I've been so neglectful of my blog lately, sorry readers! I recently started a second job, and now work 50+ hours a week between the two places. Not as much as stressful as it's just really busy. I leave at 6:30am and get back around 7pm or so, making it a very long day.

The upside of working so much is that I have much nicer paychecks. Once you take out my bills and what I'm putting towards my soon-to-be-due school loans, I'm actually left with some fun money! Or more accurately, money for my dolls to steal. :P This week I decided to take a bit of my newfound "riches" and spoil Uriel. It's been so long since he's gotten something new, that I thought it would be nice to pick up something nice.

Initially I intended to grab an outfit from Volks, but it was one mishap after another. The outfit I wanted was in stock, then out, then in again, and finally out. Shipping is also atrocious, and I'm not 100% sure it will fit him like I want it to. So I checked out Luts, only to have two outfits go out of stock as I was looking at them!

In the end I found something completely different than what I was looking for in the first place. Perhaps it was the combination of rereading some deLindt novels and listening to constant traditional Celtic music, but I picked out a wizard/faery outfit for him. It's a lovely ensemble in blue of all colors, with a cape, wizard's coat, shirt, and pants. Not generally his style, but it will work perfect if we go to the ren faire this summer.

Speaking of which, I've decided I want to go somewhere with Uri. I don't really know where yet, but I'm working on planning some trips out for photos and the like. Perhaps Salem, MA, or even the park. I'm just dying to get out somewhere, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment