Thursday, January 5, 2017

Nashuat and Creativity

I've felt a little disconnected from my dolls this past year, which I think has been evident in this blog and some of the art I've been making. It's not to say I don't like the hobby any longer, I just haven't been feeling the spark I've had in the past. I did really enjoy getting items together for my Resinsoul Mi, but as often happens with female dolls, I realized she wasn't a good fit for my personal collection. She's beautiful and I may try and re-work her again at some point, but for now she's on hiatus.

That being said, I really do want to do more with my dolls. One of my resolutions this new year is to make more art, and dolls fall into a few different categories. I do have a new camera which I think will be especially good for the small details of bjds. I've contemplated changing my collection too through trades or sales, though I haven't come to any absolute decisions regarding that yet. For now I want to try and work with what I have to rediscover some of the spark.


Hello there you creepy little creature.


Case in point, I pulled out Nashuat (Dollzone Carter) from dolly limbo this week. I find him to be really physically lovely, and he's a pretty darn good poser. So I thought he'd be a good place to start. The new Dollzone msd body is one of my absolute favorites ever. It has gorgeous lines aesthetically speaking, but also in a practical sense. He poses very naturally, and has a great system of double joints that allow him to stand, slouch, and do everything in between. (Check out his box opening here for more detail pictures of the body.)


I brought him to work today, so he's nestled between my computer screens.

I also like him because he's sort of a blank slate when it comes to styling. His character is somewhat loosely formed, but has surprisingly never changed since I got him. I always pictured him as an imaginary friend of sorts, with the ability to change his appearance as it suits him. So he doesn't have set hair or eye color. This can be fun as it means I have a lot more leeway to play around and put him in things that I might not ever use for other dolls. Right now he's wearing the eyes he came with and a wig from Unstrung Hero BJD. I would like to get him different eyes, or at least try some others on if I could just find my eye bag. The things you say as a bjd collector...

Of course I chose to do this during finals and deadline week at work, but hopefully I can take him out this weekend to get some shots. Even unpainted he's rather creepy cute, though a new face up will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment