Saturday, January 7, 2017

Gotta catch em all!

Well may not them all, my apartment isn't that big.

I liked Pokemon a lot as a kid (a lot, a lot), though I mostly collected the cards. I loved the idea of plush, but tended to want plush of characters that weren't being made at the time. I did have a giant Meowth I got from a white elephant sale, and a very tiny Eevee plush. Aside from that I had some homemade plush that unfortunately didn't live to see today. Now though they make plush of everyone, and they're fairly prevalent online and in store. My dream is to go to a Pokemon Center someday and explore the even wider range of cut plush offered there.

This weekend I have added two new friends to my collection, with the potential of a third depending upon if I fall into the trap of Amazon (Prime is wonderful, terrible thing). The first is a small Eevee who could be the younger sister of Howl.


She's so tiny! Her name is Eevette 



She sort of fit into the inner pocket of my coat,
so I carried her around like that for the rest of the night.



Eeevee on the move!

Then while I was out doing some pre-work pre-snow storm shopping, I stumbled upon this fellow. One of the Pokemon plush accounts I follow on Instagram has a very charismatic Gengar for a mascot, so I couldn't help but stop and look at him.

If I was a Pokemon trainer I think I'd probably have some ghost type on my team given that our preferred hang out locations coincide. Gengar also seems like cuddly trouble, at least in this form. I'm still deciding between a few names for him. I'm actually also working on a ghost themed coord for a party next month, and I think he'd be a good companion to take along!

No comments:

Post a Comment