Monday, August 22, 2016

Starshine Designs Review



I received my package from Starshine Designs on Etsy this week, and I'm very pleased with the results! Starshine makes a lot of fun MSD (mostly) and SD clothing items including shirts, outfits, and of course some amazing leggings. I like them in particular because they're not just your run of the mill leggings, they're sparkly, shiny, and even patterned. The prices are also extremely reasonable, which I can appreciate. I purchased a pair of the Halloween print leggings for the incoming doll, and the package arrived this week. I thought I'd do a little review as well to showcase my experience and the leggings themselves.






The leggings were shipped out within the proposed timeline (roughly 2-3 weeks), and arrived wrapped nicely in both outer and inner packaging. They were placed in a sealed plastic sleeve along with a piece of pink paper (which matched the order slip as well). I also noticed that they had included a free gift as well, which was in its own sleeve.






The gift was actually a set of cute little handmade "notebooks" that had covers made out of various colored paper. The books are stapled together, and the insides are blank. These are a lovely little touch, and a nice surprise addition to the package. They are in scale, so I will certainly be using them for some photos in the future.





 On to the main event! The leggings are the "Halloween Ghost Town" leggings in SD size. They retail
for $9.50 plus shipping. The pattern features a number of Haloween-themed images, from ghosts and pumpkins, to cats and candy. Very cute overall. I took these photos of the leggings by themselves, but I did also try them on one of my SD dolls to get a sense for the fit. They fit well, and do not come up short on the legs as I find can sometimes be a problem. The fabric stretches, but the designs themselves don't fade out when on, which I think is attributed to careful fabric placement.








Here is another shot of the full leggings.

Review time!

Pros:

  • manufacture time is accurate (and maybe even quicker than stated)
  • the items are shipped quickly and packaged nicely (tracking is also included)
  • the leggings are well made, and fit the size accurately
  • The design doesn't warp or disappear when it is stretched over the doll's body
Cons:
  • I really only have one con, which is more tied to my own personal preference rather than anything else. Starshine Designs does state in the listing that the pattern placement can and will differ with each pair which makes sense. Myself, I found these leggings to be *very* different than the ones in the sales image. So much so that I actually did quite a bit of comparing to make sure I'd even got the same pattern. I did, it is just a very different part of the pattern shown here. Since this is stated in the listing and can often happen, I'm not going to leave bad feedback by any means. I do however think it's very important for people to realize this when they purchase, in case you're looking to get something very similar to what is listed. That may be possible, but you would probably have to ask for it specifically.
Overall I would buy from Starshine Designs again, though I will probably reach out in advance before ordering if it is a similarly patterned pair. I don't think that some of the other types of leggings would have this same problem since the patterns are more even overall. That one con notwithstanding, I had a great experience with the company, and am happy with the quality of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment