Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Dolly Shopping

More dolly shopping!

I'm mostly trying to limit my dolly shopping to items I can't make, or ones that would at least be more cumbersome to create in my current set up. Since I'm currently hand sewing everything (until/if I get my machine out of storage), I have steered away from some larger items and super stretchy fabrics. I did want at least one pair of leggings for the new girl, so I've been browsing on line to see what might work.

These ones from Star Shine Designs immediately jumped out at me because...well just look at them! Amazing Halloween print that is in scale mind you, and fits the SD13 range. These may take 2-3 weeks to be made, so they may arrive after the new girl does, but they will be worth the wait I'm sure. I've been admiring designs from this Etsy shop for some time, bookmarking various listings (especially the MSD ones!) for future planning. I couldn't resist jumping on these though lest they slip through my fingers.

The second item I purchased was another one off my Etsy wish list that I'd come back to several times over. It's a lovely SD sized necklace of Czech glass and opal made by Vanilla Mint Designs. I'm particularly fond of opals myself (they happen to be my best friend's birthstone), and this necklace is quite pretty. My dolls don't often wear a lot of jewelry, but each usually has at least one piece. This seems fitting for the new girl as it's pretty, but not overly sparkly or "loud."

I shall make sure to review these items/shops once they arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment