Friday, August 26, 2016

BJD Addicts Written Prompt #1: The Wait


Since I am in the waiting period right now, I thought this would be an appropriate question to answer! It isn't going to be a superbly long wait, but still some time. I expect to have my Resinsoul Mi's layaway completed in about two weeks or so.

Usually when I wait for a doll I...don't wait very well. I know, I know, patience is a virtue. Yet sometimes I have a hard time honoring that! I like to try and keep busy with other things to make the time go faster, or in the case of my most recent doll, make/collect dolly things in anticipation. My plan for Mi has been to get a wardrobe, wig, eyes, and accessories together before she arrives so that I can play around with her right away. I also really enjoy making things for dolls as I feel it helps me bond with them. So for her, I have worked to make clothes and a wig to start with, but there will be more to come.

I also like to do some creating behind the scenes if I have a character who I have a sense of already. This can be tricky because sometimes a doll arrives and is completely different than you expected. However, I really like the planning and imagining process as well. For my incoming Mi, I have a pretty solid idea of who she is and what she's about, though I'm trying to leave a little wiggle room as well. So in the interim, I've been working on writing prompts focused on her, and have also started putting together a playlist. That's one thing I like to do for all my dolls, as I feel it helps connect me better with my interpretation of their character. I also have a ritual if you will where I make sure that when I first pick up/open the doll I'm playing "their song." 

For those who are curious, here are some of their songs as follows:

  • Uriel- "Sympathy for the Devil" by The Rolling Stones *
  • Nowell- "Noel/What Child is This" by Tori Amos
  • Emmanuel (old)- "Rhiannon Live" by Fleetwood Mac
  • Emmanuel (current)- "Emmanuel" by Tori Amos *
  • September-"Don't Go By the River" by Voltaire
  • Nashuat- "Tesselate" by Alt J
  • Resinsoul Mi- "The Woods" by Daughter *
The dolls with an asterisk also have a full playlist as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment