Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Introducing...

It seems that my little Arashi has picked his name and character, though it was not one I'd even considered. It's funny when a doll blindsides you like that. :P

Deciding on a doll name (for me) is a process where several different factors come into play. There's the doll's character if they have one (and you know what it is), their physical attributes, their personality, their nationality, and their preference. I don't mean that the doll stands up and says, "Hey, I'd like to be called Jimmy if that's okay." However, it is easy to see if the name fits or not.

Last night I was toting Arashi around on my errands, and my boyfriend mentioned something about Sirius Black from the Harry Potter novels. I'd previously joked that I wanted to have my license plate be "SIRIUS" since my car is black, and we'd found a car that had that exact plate. So I had that in mind when I was fiddling with Arashi's wig (haircut time!) and fixing his eyes. Suddenly I looked at him and realized he resembled a young Sirius Black quite closely, complete with grey eyes and all. Sirius is one of my favorite characters from the HP series, second only to the Weasley Twins.

So my little Arashi has been christened Sirius Black III, in his teenage form. Which I might add is quite perfect for the rough character outline I'd had before. Not to mention how ironic it is seeing as the money I used to purchase him was initially going to go to a HP tattoo... Funny dolls with their own agendas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment