Monday, February 7, 2011

The Plush Vessel: Amanda F*cking Palmer!

So I recently joined a swap on Craftster with a zombie theme. I love zombies, like really love zombies so this was perfect for me. I wanted to do some pattern testing as I waited to receive my partner, so I decided to make a small stuffed zombie.

At the same time, I've been obsessed with Amanda Palmer (of Dresden Doll fame) and her new song "Map of Tasmania." The song is about a certain female body part which I'm sure you can figure out from the video or the lyrics. I love everything about that song, and I decided that my zombie should be based on Amanda Palmer from that video. And so...






The lovely Amanda is made of soft green fleece. Her details and clothes are made out of felt, and were hand sewn to her body. I altered her costume a bit, giving her pasties instead of a corset and simplifying the jewelry. Overall though, I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment