Saturday, December 17, 2016

Meet Howl!

Build a Bear Workshop was sneaky and decided to release more Eevees this week. I only knew about it because I had my sister snag an item of clothing for me (she is considerably closer than I am), and they let her know. She was kind enough to go back on release day and grab me one which I stuffed this weekend. 

Target acquired. 

I has initially been on the fence about Eevee as I wasn't in love with the design. Mostly the nose/mouth if I'm being honest. It looks odd in profile, and there were very few photos I liked it in. Someone suggested it was better in person, which I do think is the case. Still weird, but not quite as bad. Plus, once you have an Eevee in your hands, the soft and cute overwhelm you.


I will say that this Eevee version is *not* the same as the original one released, for those who have been wondering. The main difference I see is the eyes, as the new ones are completely black rather than black and "purple" (it always looked brown to me). This doesn't bother me, but it is good to know. 

I named my Eevee Howl as I called my Charmander Calcifer. (Used to be Duke, but I never actually called him that, so it seemed silly to keep it.) I have always pictured Eevees as very pretty and proud of their appearance. Kind of like the nice supermodels of the Pokémon world. And what fits that better than "I see no point in living if I cant be beautiful" Howl?




No comments:

Post a Comment