Friday, December 16, 2016

Calcifer is no longer doing the no-pants dance!

As I mentioned before, Charmander is kind of a larger "bear," and his shape isn't superbly conducive to a lot of things. Pants in particular are a challenge because of his short legs and rather large tail base. Myself, I don't mind him without pants as I don't think they're entirely necessary for him. However, I came across a pair of overalls that I thought I could re-purpose for him. 


I ended up cutting the top off the front and back, and shortening it significantly before reattaching it. I was able to avoid shortening the straps by trimming it off the bottom instead, which worked well. The straps have two different sets of snaps so that you can make them longer/shorter. For this outfit I used them on the longer side just to show a bit more of the stripes beneath since the shirt's collar is already a similar color blue. I think that with any of the other shirts of different colors, I would use the shorter length instead. I made a large tail-hole  that suits him pretty well, and re-hemmed everything aside from the legs.

Overall (pun possibly intended?) I like how they turned out, and I may investigate some additional overall options in the future. I still think pants would be a weird fit on him, but this style works nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment