Wednesday, May 29, 2013

30 Day BJD Challenge: Days 8 & 9

Another double up, as these ones go together as well.

8). What is your favorite size?

I touched on this in the last question, but around 60cm is my favorite size.  I do like the smaller dolls for their portability, and I enjoy having MSD-sized ones I can tote around with me places.  In fact I used to bring one of my MSDs (Nowell) to class with me when I was in college.  They are a great size for tucking in a large purse or backpack.

However, I still prefer the larger SD size.  SD's are heavier, but in my mind easier to carry.  I usually either tuck Uri under my arm, or sit him across my forearm when we go out to conventions and whatnot.  He is a little heavy, but not so much so that you'd want to put him down.  At least not for me.

9). What is your least favorite size?

I also discussed this in the last one, but I'm going to make this a two-fold answer.  Of the standard sizes, I like the tiny the least (i.e. like the PukiPuki I mentioned).  That size is cute, but way too small for me.  I like to be able to snuggle my dolls a bit, and for them to have some weight to them.  Larger sizes are also much easier to sew for in my opinion.

On the other hand, I also don't like the "slim msd" sizes that are available from several companies now.  I have owned BBB/RS dolls and Minifees, both of which fall into this size category.  Now don't get me wrong, they look awesome.  They pose awesome.  They are definitely good dolls.  But aesthetically and practically speaking I prefer the chubbier MSDs, like Volks.  The slim minis were always difficult for me to find clothes for that fit correctly, and I always liked the look of the chubby cheeks and bodies for the larger MSDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment