Sunday, May 26, 2013

30 Day BJD Challenge- Day 4

4). What/who was the first bjd you ever owned? Do you still own them?

The first bjd I ever bought was a  WS BBB Ju.  I don't even have photos of her anymore, but she was pretty.  I bought her as a test basically, to see if I liked the bjd hobby.  She was shipped from a local business (Denver Doll Emporium) so it didn't take long, and she was inexpensive.  I reasoned that if I didn't like it, at least I wasn't investing too much time and money, and I could always sell her later.  After her came a BBB Apollo, that was my next step up from her.

In the long run while I liked both dolls (Apollo more so), I really didn't like the dolls' designs.  Nothing against BBB or RS as they have both come a long way, but they weren't to my liking.  I hadn't really researched posing enough, or even considered other companies enough.  Which on one hand I was okay with for the money aspect, but on the other had I done more considering I might still have my original dolls.  I eventually sold the Ju after giving her some mods and unfortunately the Apollo's old body was damaged by my puppy (no hurt to the dog!).

After that dolls came and went with a pretty quick frequency, until I got to Uri.  Even though he wasn't my actual first doll, I still consider him a "first" because he made such an impact on me.  And he is still with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment