Friday, November 30, 2012

Busy month, and missed anniversary.

November turned out to be a busier month than I expected.  There was some personal, family-related issues going on, and then my best friend in the world (the one I have tattooed on me) came home for a week.  So I was on friend standard time, which mean lots of fun and very little sleep.  But she has departed for her side of the country with the promise to return for Christmas, and we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Something I did miss in this whirlwind of a month was Nowell's second anniversary with me.  He arrived about a month after Uriel on November 15th 2010, so he is officially two years old (with me at least) now!  So here are some fun facts about Nowell:

  • He got his name from a Tori Amos song, "What Child, Nowell"
  • He was my first real Volks doll. I did have a YoSD Suzuna before, but was really too afraid to do anything with her.
  • He is the most well-traveled of all my dolls, even coming to Georgia with me once.
  • He is my only white skinned doll, and probably will always be.  
  • He was featured on the Volks blog once.
  • He was part of a psychology presentation a classmate did for one of my school courses.

Right now he's sort of stealing a wig from Gabe, though I really like this combined with the eyes he stole from Uri.  Not sure if he'll keep both, but we'll see.  I really need to dig all his clothes out of storage so he can be as well-dressed as he should be. He and Uri have more outfits than I do, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment