Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sometimes...

...you have to admit you're lost before you can find your way.

I was in the midst of writing a post yesterday about how I was giving up on finding my Arashi a name, when something struck me. Arashi is described as an angel or "tenshi" by Volks specifically. My mind wandered and I thought, could he be Tenshi? Angel? No and no, but how about an angelic name...?

Gabriel.

And in an instant, everything came together. Here was Gabriel, or Gabe for short. My snarky, sarcastic, and not at all brooding vampire boy. The character I'd been both writing about and dancing around for weeks. I actually have quite a bit of dialogue and several scenes written about him, but even that didn't spark the name. Regardless, he now has a name that we both like, and I don't feel so weird. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment