Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stress...stress...stress...doll!


My Kain II arrived today and not a moment too soon. It's only Wednesday and my week has been insane and extremely stressful.

He arrived in a battered shipping box that looked like it had been stomped on and kicked down a flight of stairs. o_o I opened him right in the post office to check for damages, but thankfully Denver Doll packs their dolls really well. The post master was really curious so I showed him the doll, and oddly enough he thought Kain II was kind of cool. :)

Once I got back to work I freed him from his pretty cardboard prison and set about taking his wig off and replacing it with the blond one I had waiting. He looks fantastic as a blond. :) Unfortunately I found that his right shoulder is damaged, just like with my other Kain. :( It's not a damage I could call DDE about as it's really just due to Jun Planning being crappy at making bodies.

So...I really would prefer he not be on an Obitsu, not to mention the fact that I don't have an Obitsu lying around for him. Instead I think I'm going to go home and cannibalize poor Kaleb a bit to make things work. Kain II's arms aren't actually broken, so I will swap them with Kaleb's and everyone will be happy. Since Kaleb is just hanging around right now, I'm not worried about having super move-able arms for him.

Of course I can't call him Kain II forever, but it seems that he may not in fact be Ronin... As of now we both seem to be leaning towards calling him Dresden after the Dresden Files (good TV series, FANTASTIC books!). I even considering making him sort of an alternate world Dresden, but we'll see. :)

2 comments: