Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!


What an interesting year 2010 turned out to be for me, especially doll-wise. I did some buying, some trading, and a lot of enjoying. :) Some of the highlights:






  • Daemon- He gained a new form (RS Gang), and then lost it. He still remains the hardest of my dolls to embody, but I think someday we will work that out with Volks' FCS.
  • Paks- So many changes for this boy. At least three (or more) changes story-wise, before his old shell (Soom Chrom) was sold as I just really didn't like the face sculpt. I've decided to eventually re-shell him as a MSD, probably a Luts Kid Delf Bory, but not until I become independently wealthy or something like that. But, he has bee written about a lot, and his story continues to develop.
  • Pullips!- I fell in love with these guys this year and bought six both new and on the market place. Overall I think I still like bjds better, but these guys will always have a place in my heart and in my dolly family.
  • I fell deeply into dolly love twice this year with my beloved Uriel and the darling Nowell. Two *very* different dolls, but they are my absolute loves. Right now I'm sitting with Nowell who's face up I just finished, and I can't deny he's my favorite. Granted we're waiting for a smaller version of Uriel too, so I suppose the jury could still be out there.
  • On a different dolly note, I received a very special doll for Christmas this year from the 8 year-old daughter of my manager, making him even more special. I have been a life-long Toy Story fan, and with the last movie coming out, I really missed my old Woody doll. Woody was always my favorite, and I had one way back when who disappeared at some point. I mentioned this to my manager, who later told her daughter. She (the daughter) had an extra Woody and decided to give him to me for Christmas, complete with his guitar! So now I have my beloved Woody back again.
That all being said, I know that 2011 holds many more wonderful things to come. I'm going to be introducing a feature where I interview doll owners from the DoA community and beyond. I'll also be doing a set of posts on some of my oldest and most favorite non-doll toys who started this whole obsession. So happy 2011 everyone, and here's to a new year full of possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment