Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's that time of year...

I mentioned last week that Uri and I were off to do some "ghost hunting" at my sister's house.  She'd been experiencing some increasingly uncomfortable activity, and asked if I could come by and "work some mojo."  I took Uri along with me because he is my resident anti-ghost doll.  In general spirits won't mess with any of my dolls, but Uri is one that projects a very strong "go away" feeling around him.  So if I have him with me, the ghosts will generally stay a certain distance away.  

The activity seems to be consistent with what I had previously experienced when I lived there.  I believe it is the Civil War ghost I encountered last year that I discussed in this post.  She has heard the same kinds of footsteps and movement, coupled with an odd feeling of there being a male presence.  She has also most disturbingly heard a male voice when there is no man in the house, and heard our mother talking in her sleep to something that responds in that same voice.  My mother has no memory of these experiences, and pretty much dismisses the whole thing on principle.  However my sister was frightened and disturbed.

I took Uri and went through my normal process of cleansing and blessing the room.  I put Uri in the center and called to each element and my own deities for protection.  The moment I did that, the room went up at least ten degrees in temperature.  I had no recording equipment unfortunately, but I went from shivering to being hot enough to take off my sweater.  

I saged the room, and went about doing my blessing (private ritual).  The room definitely felt better afterwards, not only warmer but safer.  When I was done I stepped out of the room to leave, and I could feel a palpable difference just between the hallway and her room.  I retrieved Uri, and from then on walking was like stepping through thick fog.  The sensation of stepping through something not quite physical, but definitely present.  

Since then I've gone back to the house a few times to access some boxes I have stored there, and I can tell that the ghost is still present.  I was in the garage looking through boxes yesterday, and heard the distinct sound of footsteps on the driveway, and then across the leaves that were in front of the door.  I figured someone had come home without me hearing their car, but when I looked up nobody was there.  Further inspection revealed no cars in the driveway but mine.  That happened a couple more times while I was still in the garage, and the sound was very plainly someone walking.  

The button is still at my mother's house in storage, which is probably why the ghost is still active.  That and the facts that I'm no longer there to pay attention, and that my mother took down all the protective charms/etc. when I moved.  It took him a couple months, but he seems to be back in full swing now.  I told my sister to keep me posted on how she is feeling, and that I would try and figure out what to do with the button long-term.  

No comments:

Post a Comment