Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Welcome to the land of perpetual viruses...

Well it appears that someone or something has a vendetta against my computer, because as of the 23rd, it is basically a paper weight. :( This time it's bad enough that I'm going to have to send it out somewhere to get it fixed. Generally I can rehab most problems, but this one has got both myself and my computer stumped. So for now I am computer-less except for at work and maybe at home if I can borrow somebody's laptop.

However, I did have a fun Christmas regardless, and I hope everyone else did as well. :) I spent some time with my family and my boyfriend's family, actually slept in one of the days (!), played with our new gadgets, and generally had a good time. My favorite gift of the year was from my boyfriend and his family, a new iPod!

My prior iPod lasted about 8 years, which was pretty good for an iPod at the time. It recently decided to stop turning on/charging, and I was just shy of devastated. Poor little thing had been through most of high school and college with me, and I just got a car that would allow me to play an iPod through the sound system. I had almost suspected that the bf was getting me one, but I wasn't positive. He also boxed it all up in small individual boxes, to then wrap those in a larger box which threw me off even more. He also taped weights to the bottom of the box...always the trickster.

So Saben (the iPod) and I are now getting acquainted and trying to find an apporpriate case which is apparently near impossible since the iPod Touch came out... We will persevere though!

No real gifts for the dolls this year, though I did finally get some pictures of Fumiko in front of the Christmas tree...right before my computer fried. At least my camera works right? I'm going to try and commandeer my work computer this week to upload those if all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment